With the holidays upon us, it is always nice to take time to reflect on what matters most in our lives. Being with family is very important, and I am happy to celebrate the time with my family. To make our day go a little bit smoother, I follow these helpful suggestions.
- Ask family members to bring their specialty dish so all the work does not fall to you.
- Do your staple shopping a few weeks ahead to avoid the rush.
- Assign the task of setting the table to the younger children who can get creative with decorating with leaves or pinecones from the yard. Have them color pictures of each guest to use as place settings.
- Remember to let the turkey sit for a few minutes before carving to prevent losing flavorful juices.
- Always have an “extra” wrapped gift should a surprise visitor arrive. Chocolates or a popular book are always nice.
- Wrap gifts as you purchase them to avoid feeling overwhelmed at the last minute.
This December, we at Mr. Rooter Plumbing® wish you and your family a safe and happy holiday season.
During the holidays I happily open my home to family and friends. As many of you can relate to, it is a busy time filled with gift buying, decorating the tree, parties, and preparing the perfect turkey.
My favorite part of the holiday are those precious moments with my family spent enjoying quiet time together. I just love watching the original Christmas special “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” by Dr. Seuss and that moment his heart grows “three sizes too big” when he remembers the true spirit of the holiday. Here’s wishing all of you that holiday spirit this year and some time to remember the important parts of the season.
Having a plumbing problem certainly can dampen the spirit so I thought I’d share with you some tips to at least keep your plumbing running smoothly while your home is filled to the brim with people.
With extra visitors in your home, you may find these bathroom reminders useful:
- Wait ten minutes between showers.
- Avoid flushing items that don’t break down easily: cotton balls, paper towels, facial tissue and sanitary products.
- Know how to use the water shut-off valve behind the toilet bowl in case of an emergency.
- Remove small objects from the top of the toilet tank that could fall in, causing it to clog.
Happy Holidays from the Mr. Rooter Plumbing team……