Posted July 30th, 2009 by mrradmin
Don’t Let a Clogged Drain Dampen Your Holiday Spirit
It’s the holiday season, and you’re decorating the house, shopping for gifts, mailing holiday cards and baking cookies. But have you thought about your plumbing? Don’t let a clogged drain dampen your holiday spirit!
Whether you’re having family over for the holidays or you’re hosting a festive party, your kitchen and bathrooms will be busier than usual. To save the cost and inconvenience of a plumbing emergency, Mr. Rooter® recommends you pay special attention to your plumbing.
“With the extra food, family and friends, you can easily forget about the stress it puts on your plumbing,” said Mary Kennedy Thompson, president of Mr. Rooter Corporation. “We have some advice that will help keep a backed-up drain from ruining your holiday plans.”
To properly operate a garbage disposal, turn on the water, then turn on the disposal and feed the waste gradually. Keep the water on while using the disposal. Leave the water on for a short period after the disposal is turned off.
Follow these steps to keep your plumbing system off of Santa’s naughty list.
In the kitchen:
- Avoid pouring grease down the drain.
- Throw large scraps of food in the trash or compost pile.
- Don’t put turkey bones and skin, potato peels and celery down the garbage disposal.
- Wipe greasy pans and plates with a paper towel before washing them.
- Rinse off dishes before putting them in the dishwasher.
- Don’t overload the garbage disposal.
- Turn the disposal power off and press the re-set button (if available) under the sink when the disposal stops abruptly while in use.
In the bathroom:
- Wait ten minutes between showers.
- Avoid flushing items that don’t break down easily: cotton balls, paper towels, facial tissue and sanitary products.
- Know how to use the water shut-off valve under the tank in case of an emergency.
- Remove small objects from the top of the toilet tank that could fall in, causing it to clog.
If one of these disasters intrudes on your celebrations, contact your local Mr. Rooter shop to put the happy back into the holidays.
Posted July 30th, 2009 by mrradmin
Avoid late night or holiday calls, and the expense of ruined walls and flooring. Avoid upset tenants or customers and the many other problems associated with backed up drain lines. Mr. Rooter HydroScrub™ services can be scheduled at your convenience, not ours.
Mr. Rooter HydroScrub™ service is the most effective method known to restore old drain lines to a like-new condition. A line choked with years of accumulation of grease, soap and sludge can be restored to near original condition with the skill of your Mr. Rooter technician.
- Safe on all pipes
- Removes grease, sludge, mud, silt, fibrous material, etc.
- Long lasting results
- Avoids damage from backed-up lines
- Service scheduled for your convenience
- Cleans entire line by high pressure water
HydroScrub™ restores old drain lines to a like-new condition by using water moving through tiny openings located in nozzles, removing grease and sludge from the line. The combination of the high pressure and water volume provides a cleaning system unattainable by conventional methods. For lines with a history of problems, the HydroScrub™ can be used to inject specific amounts of our exclusive Mr. Rooter degreaser which actually enhances the cleaning power of the HydroScrub™. After the initial cleaning, your Mr. Rooter technician will recommend a periodic maintenance program to help insure an uninterrupted flow.
Unlike conventional cable methods, Mr. Rooter HydroScrub™ services are designed to prevent future problems. While conventional machines are effective in opening a blockage, they do not clear the line of problems like grease, soap, and sludge. Conventional cable machines push through the line in the path of least resistance often opening only a small hole. Soft deposits left in the line collect pieces of paper or other material, eventually causing another blockage. Only the power of the Mr. Rooter HydroScrub™ and the skill of your Mr. Rooter technician can help avoid the expense and inconvenience of future blockages. Avoid the expense of ruined walls and flooring from backed up drain lines. Mr. Rooter HydroScrub™ services can be scheduled at your convenience.