Mr. Rooter Plumbing’s recent tech training was a hit! We are very proud to be America’s most referred plumber, we attribute this to our continuous training programs. This training keeps our customer service at its best and our technicians up to date on all the latest in our industry.
Here are some helpful tips for home plumbing. Should you wish to perform your own plumbing maintenance using the information we provide on this website, please be aware that Mr. Rooter Corporation cannot be held responsible for any actions not taken by a trained Mr. Rooter technician.
- Water Efficiency: A low flow toilet alone uses 20 percent less water per flush. Combine that with an efficient shower head that also uses 20 percent less water, and the utility bill savings are obvious.
- Don’t put pumpkin pulp and seeds down the garbage disposal: Instead of breaking down like most foods, the orange pulp hardens and clogs the drain.
- Don’t flush your money: Take a whirl at inspecting your toilet.
- Drain Gurgling: This is a blockage of air in the drain, typically caused by a clog. Removing the clog should fix the problem.
- Don’t Let Food Reek Havoc: Young children often huddle under the covers in their bedrooms, certain that a monster prowls in the closet or under the bed. Most parents will open the closet door or peek under the bed to remind them that the coast is clear. But if your children accused your kitchen sink of harboring a shady presence, would you be able to deny it? Something foul may be lurking in your sink. Here are some tips for removing garbage disposal odor.
- How to Detect a Silent Leak: Put several drops of dark food coloring into your toilet tank. If the dye appears in the bowl, you need to replace the valve seal ball or flapper at the bottom of the tank.
- Water Conservation: If every household in America and Canada had a faucet that dripped once each second, 928 million gallons of water a day would leak away. Here are some tips for conserving water.
- Choosing a Water Heater: Here is a handy guide to finding a water heater.
- Emergency Shutoff Valves: Prevent plumbing headaches and even property loss. Learn about emergency shutoff valves.
- Shower Drain Clogs: Most shower clogs can be corrected easily with a minimum of hassle and mess. Here are some things you can do with a clogged drain before you call the plumber
- Whistling Noise : It could be a broken faucet washer or extremely high water pressure.
- The Root of the Problem: It’s surprising, but true – roots from a tree or bush several hundred yards and several houses away can damage your home’s plumbing system if they break into your pipes. It’s called root intrusion, and it can create major blockage in your line.
- Holiday Tips: Don’t let a clogged drain dampen your holiday spirit. Here are some tips for preventing a clogged drain.
- Super Bowl parties can be a super problem for plumbing systems if you don’t tackle some plumbing precautions.
- Use Food Coloring to Save Money: Click here to find out how.
- Citrus Peels Can Deodorize Garbage Disposal: Click here to find out how.
- Earth Day Tips: Learn how to look for leaks and conserve water .
- Save Water, Save Money: Let Mr. Rooter® Plumbing show you how to conserve our most precious resource, water.
- Water Conservation Checklist: Click here for the checklist.
- Energy Efficiency Tips: Thanks to tax credits, making your home more energy efficient is no longer a taxing problem on your pocketbook. Click here to find out how.
Please note: While we have done our best to offer useful information, these tips are only suggestions, and we recommend you call us for information specific to your situation. Click here to view our Legal Statement.